Çılbır is a delicious Turkish eggs dish, which is super easy to make. It’s a spicy dish yet with a cool aspect due to the yoghurt; perfect for summer. There are a few ways to make this dish- this is my style of making them!
I used Banhoek chilli oil from South Africa to create my spicy drizzle on top of the poached eggs. This chilli oil uses premium ingredients from South Africa, and tastes so delicious. I was really excited to find out that Banhoek Chilli Oil is halal certified and vegan friendly, as I had been looking for a chilli oil for quite a while! It is also a Great Taste Award 2019 Winner! You can use chilli oil for a plethora of things- noodles, pizzas, pastas, stir fry etc.. Hopefully I will be making more recipes with this soon!
- 1 cup yoghurt (I used Fage Greek yoghurt)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs (I poached mine)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3-4 tbsp Banhoek Chilli oil
- Optional- green herbs like parsley, coriander or dill for garnishing
- This simple dish consists of 3 components layered in a dish: garlic yoghurt, poached eggs and a spicy drizzle
- Layer 1: Mince your garlic well and mix with the yoghurt
- Layer 2: Poach 2 eggs to your desired hardness. The eggs are traditionally poached in this dish but you can also fry them
- Layer 3: On high heat in a pan, melt your butter, chilli flakes and oil together for around 1 min
- To assemble: layer the garlic yoghurt on the bottom of your dish, followed by the 2 poached eggs.
- Finish off with a generous drizzle of your butter & chilli oil on top
- Garnish with your green herbs (optional)
- Extra step- toast the bread in the pan you heated the oil in! This will make the bread deliciously spicy and buttery!